TL;DR - Umm not much to say here, you kinda have to read it ;'(
As promised, here's a Meta Snapshot, I'll (hopefully) post a new one every new weapon rebalance.
WHAT THIS IS: This is a description of all current weapons, which ones are strong, and which ones are weak. This is on Userecho as it is like a current report, so soon it will be buried, not a permanent guide to post on the wiki.
WHAT THIS ISN'T: This isn't an idea, a guide, or bug report. If this is misplaced, please redirect me to a better section.(Please not the wiki, things get buried and are hard to read, also this is CURRENT, wiki is for timeless guides, info)
The current ranked meta is very melee based, with a slight resurgence in bow usage due to an charge speed buff. It is also a special patch, as the booming start of 2v2 enters the ranked modes.
Weapon Tier List - 1v1
- Claws (S Tier) - fast attack speed, a special that reminds players of the OP sword days, fast dash to easily surprised opponents and continually whittle them down. The claw throw is also very small, making it hard to track. The claw claims the strongest weapon spot.
- Sword (S Tier)- The sword still remains on the top of the tier list, holding a strong position with a long duration of invincibility during it's special. Can counter the claw special when used correctly, and the basic attack damage is better than the claws. Most if the weapons success comes from player experience, and not from the weapon being extremely strong. Very consistent and powerful overall, but not broken.
- Bow (A Tier) - The bow attack speed buff really pushes the bow up a level, it has huge burst potential(1/2 health with a normal attack and special. The charge speed decrease allows bow users to charge less, and run more to keep at a distance. Could definitely see more play, if the meta wasn't dominated by Claws and Swords, all strong counters to ranged weapons.
- Hammer (B Tier) - Honestly, the hammer has a hard to hit special, and is probably just a worse version of the claws. It's basic attacks deal good damage, but speed and invincibility are very easily able to burst down and counter the hammer's special.
- Wand (B Tier) - Not gonna lie, may be some bias here(wand user) The wand could be lower tier, but definitely remains above the axe and spear. The wand damage seriously fall off at higher tiers, and melee weapons easily counter the wand's charge time by sticking close to them, rendering the wand into a slow attack speed claws with no special. Can still be abused at low leveled play.
- Axe (C Tier) - The axe, a basic weapon, not very strong overall, a weak special, no invincibility, just a bad version of the other melee weapons. Players can quickly switch to a better weapon though, with quests and saving gold.
- Spear(Shit Tier) - The spear needs love. It's range isn't strong enough to make it a contender, and the amount of hand speed required to effectively attack at all with this weapon is just unreasonable. Good players will not want to invest time and rank to learn the spear. It's special deals no damage, literally just an escape. In ranked play, even the axe special is better, chip damage is better than no damage.
2v2 Notable combinations
- Sword + Bow(S Tier) - Easily one of the strongest combos. The sword is able to defend the bow with it's special, while not knocking enemies down, allowing a good bow player to snipe them while they are flying away. The sword offers excellent defence and offence. If your playing with friends, this is the combo to go.
- Sword + Wand(A Tier) - Once again, for the same reasons as above, the sword can effectively defend the wand, but the wand offers much less burst and offensive capability than the bow, making it less effective.
- Sword + Sword (A Tier) - A typical burst composition, the two swords can dash special and take out the enemy ranged user, then 2v1 the remaining enemy. highly effective against unprepared teams.
*Note that the sword can be replaced with claws, but is less effective at defence. You will need to continually tag and take down the weaker enemy as fast as possible and 2v1 the remaining enemy.
Well, this snapshot is just my 2 cents on the meta right now. if you liked this and want to see more every rebalance, please like.
Otherwise, please discuss why this is wrong, and help us all learn - more discussion = more thoughts = better understanding of the current meta.
Customer support service by UserEcho