Answered

WHY REZ ?! WHY?!

BlackDiamondPL 6 years ago updated by Loffar Mail 5 years ago 58

WHY REZ ?! WHY?! WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS!

Why game is not loading? Well CoinHive.js etc, but CoinHive is a CryptoMiner.

What's CryptoMiner? Pretty much using computer power to gain money!

That's why antivirus is reacting while loading page! It's not good stuff!

BUT WHY REZ YOU DOING THIS TO US?! I know game is not worth and servers are 'going down'. Don't you know this is kind of ILLEGAL to do !

Please don't tell me you did this on purpose!

Answer

+6
Answer

Stop dramatizing. First of all - it was there only for an hour and there is no reason to keep that going - some people haven't even notice it has been removed and still whine about how it impacts their gameplay which means they clearly make claims out of thin air.

Now then. It's not a trojan, it's not harmful, googling for coinhive trojan will indeed give you results but please read the content of these links not just throw claims that it's mining your vurnelable data, is a virus or whatever.

Above all - I was only running it in the menu where it doesn't impact your game performance - displayed ads eat up CPU too and I earn on that - what's different with that? We (publishers) are looking for ways to provide the content to you for as cheap as possible but the world has gone mad with blocking ads and requiring publishers to work for free - this will end up in colapse of more and more content providers (games, news, services) and we will switch to paywalls as the mean to sustain our revenue.

+1

No,I'm sure Rez wouldn't do such a thing.

+1

Want a proof? Go ahead and open web console (F12 -> Console). See first error there? That's CoinHive. You can even tell if it is for sure

+1

I recorded a proof -> 

I know it can give him like 500$ per day, but it's almost like using someone else's computer to gain money for you / Rez.

what rage this is

Main game file with CoinHive code implemented:

Also check index.html , there is script import for CoinHive.js

+1
Under review

Yes I am testing if I can use 10% of your CPU to mine coins instead of displaying ads. What's wrong with that? If that worked out I wanted to add ability to leave your PC idle and you could get coins for letting me mine stuff - unfortunately the revenue is very low. The question stays - what is wrong with that?

+6

You should ask people first if they want such alternative. Using other's PCs for digging is kinda dirty.

+3

I am fine with that, but don't you think it's like using someones computer without telling them about this.

BTC, mining and stuff like that can save this game but it's just dirty 

Besides that CoinHive thingy - the game is not working.

I thought this waas a joke...

+1

What is wrong with me lending you my car for a spin but you use it to Uber people around without my knowledge? I don't mind it being optional or even mandatory as long as it's in the open. But if you're going to use someone else's resources to make money with unrelated work it's fair to notify them. This is unregulated because it's new territory, doesn't mean there aren't any ethical concerns. Also, I don't think this software can be trusted not to grasp for more processing power than it should.

"what is wrong with that?" you install to game a virus - trojan - what infected thousands of players who play this game, I'm just f*cking happy that I have no time to play this game!

"...you could get coins for letting me..." - Is it attempt of bribery to players who got infected with dangerous for PC's virus so they get coins to game? I don't know what happened to you, Rezoner, but I hope it's a kind of prank because this what you said is just disgusting and dirty.

in most countries its legal but i think ppl should know about this

+2

There actually is something wrong with the game and CoinHive. The game gets stuck on loading and nothing happens. Also my antivirus has some allergic reaction when I go to the website. Something is wrong ;-;.

Same here. I blocked this CoinHive in my hosts file thought.

SERVER IS BACK BOIZ!!!

+2

i feel cheated

+3

why would you do this without notifying us, thats just wrong

a few minutes ago it was ok but now i have the same problem ;/

i cannot find coinhive in sources but the game isnt loading when i click gamemode

Just for the future - you never know where to expect this CoinHive - block it in Hosts file.

+3

i would be ok with this if you annoucned it before you did that rezoner 

+1

but u didn't, like i said, that's not right man

I M P O R T A N T

JUST FOR THE FUTURE SAKE - YOU SHOULD BLOCK THE COINHIVE IN YOUR HOSTS FILE. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW, HERE'S SOME GUIDE. YOU NEVER KNOW WHICH OTHER WEBSITE COULD USE THIS CRAP ->

Open the file (the one in picture below) in notepad. Add those lines at the end -> 
0.0.0.0 coin-hive.com

0.0.0.0 coinhive.com

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania how to edit hosts file

If it doesn't want to save, copy that file to desktop, add the line, save the file, and paste edited file to "etc" folder. Of course you can't save it as txt file, hosts file must not have extension, you have to save it as "all files". 

If you have some questions, ask away. I will help.

what if ur on mac

+2

Before you start complaining, you guys need to understand what 10% of your CPU does:  not that much.  Of course he should have told us, but its not that bad.

Depending on the processor of course.

In that case, that requires someone's consent.

It would probably be fine if Rezoner posted a little box in the corner saying "this site uses coinhive", with a link to a page with more information

The way I understand it Rezoner is using 10% of our CPU's computing power to mine coins - Is that correct?

(This is for all those non-technical savvy persons like me)

From what I understand mining is basically collecting transaction data (from people exchanging cryptocurrencies or Online money. ex: Bitcoin) and putting it in a public database right? 

To make this harder for "miners" they make them solve complex puzzles(I might be completely wrong here). Rezoner is using 10% of ur CPUs processing power to solve these?

Is that right? Check me here someone.

I'm ignorant xD

+3

you know what? f*ck you all. Rez has made this amazing game for us all completely free! (except coins but you don't have to buy those to play the game) he's being nice to us by doing this so I think you should be nice to him. without Rez, we wouldn't have this game so back off.

+1

I don't see big problem, especially because it's only some tests. 

Yea,and besides not being able to enter the game,everything is fine.

This is absolutely weird move of Rez, because I read some texts about coinhive and everything says coinHive gives dangerous for your pc trojan - you can read these websites too, just get to here --> https://www.google.pl/search?q=what+is+CoinHive%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=sEPWWafKOOKA8QevsKSQDw

Yea,many conspiracy theories are told,but which to belive in.

None. This thread has been taken over by drama queens like Ukryty who has read something somewhere that he don't fully understand but won't hesitate to make a drama out of it anyway which happened a few times in the past.

I knew it from the start,but no,everyone goes witchhunting and bonfire recklessly.

#InterectiveCreator

Heres Another Way For It, i still cant believe that rezoner did a such nasty thing to us without asking...

Use Adblocker

adblock

Adblock is indeed a great extension for blocking ads. However, you can also manually add the crypto miners in question to your list of blocked domains using Adblocker.

In Chrome, install the Ad Blocker extension and then go to Customize > Block an ad by its URL. Then add the following URL in the text box

https://coin-hive.com/lib/coinhive.min.js

Most of the people are using Coinhive for bitcoin mining, this will block mining from most of the websites. Depending on your web browser, you can find relevant settings to block particular domains.

it wasn't a "nasty" thing like you said

+6
Answer

Stop dramatizing. First of all - it was there only for an hour and there is no reason to keep that going - some people haven't even notice it has been removed and still whine about how it impacts their gameplay which means they clearly make claims out of thin air.

Now then. It's not a trojan, it's not harmful, googling for coinhive trojan will indeed give you results but please read the content of these links not just throw claims that it's mining your vurnelable data, is a virus or whatever.

Above all - I was only running it in the menu where it doesn't impact your game performance - displayed ads eat up CPU too and I earn on that - what's different with that? We (publishers) are looking for ways to provide the content to you for as cheap as possible but the world has gone mad with blocking ads and requiring publishers to work for free - this will end up in colapse of more and more content providers (games, news, services) and we will switch to paywalls as the mean to sustain our revenue.

well we went a bit too far but letting us know was nice  even for a small amount of time (1 hour) removing ads is a cool idea too we (or atleast i) have no problem with the cryptocurrency thingy you can even give us free gold (ingame money) for it , just let us know! 

best regards -High Voltage

I'm gonna turn off my adblock from now on whenever I'm on either of these sites. (wilds and wilds userecho) Thank you for letting us know about the publisher crisis.

Thanks. I am turning off adblock on the sites I use too :) I only keep it where they have gone crazy with the amount of ads.

Lmao what?!?!? it was only there for an hour lmao lol that's hilarious. everyone was making it such a big  deal.

"Dramatizing" is the perfect word

+1

#MovingOn #BestCreatorAward

thanks for the game!

Okay now explain me what happened but keep in mind that my level of computer knowledge is about 1 so explain me like you would to a 7 year old

Btw rez, Maybe this was the reason why my computer suddenly trouble shooting or shutting down itself, idk if this was the reason or somethin, but i still love the game 

#greatgame

#Bestbrowsergamecreator  

Much love

It appears to be the same bug that happened about a year ago in this post except for no comments at all show up when I press Load More Comments and the button to load more comments goes away. Cool Names