+8
Planned

Additional UI health bar and numeric value

Knight of Rage 7 years ago updated by Mistodel 7 years ago 9

One of the things that I liked about Wilds when I started playing is the cool circular health bar. While it worked fine when we had three health, the health system has evolved (for the better) into a much more complicated system and sometimes it's hard to decipher exactly how much health you have left based solely on your little circle.

While I think the circle is an awesome way to stylishly display the general healthiness of all players, I think it would be nice to have our own health bar (stamina-bar style) in our UI / HUD to give us more info on our own state. The red healthbar could fit over the stamina bars or under the item slots, wherever it seems most fitting. Most importantly, the inclusion of a fraction or percentage would give us valuable insight over our exact hitpoints, and it would make it easier to understand damage values in this increasingly diverse and complicated game.

Way back when, I could tell you exactly how much damage every action did. Now, I don't know. Certain weapon values have been subtly tweaked and the health system seems to have shifted to a percentage system, and I feel this proposal would fir the game's progression quite nicely.

-The heir

This change seems fair.

clicks tongue NOICE

I mean, I don't know much about game design (though I do have some HTML/CSS  and Jscript experience), but It seems like a pretty simple thing to do, you already have those health values kicking around, you just need to paint some sprites for the bar and write some simple call functions, right?

Just an little bump because it's planned

that bump tho

This was "dat bump tho" not "that bump tho"

that bump tho