+1

Sliding Mechanic

J4sh1n 7 years ago updated by Sheepie 6 years ago 25

Could you replace roll with slide Rez? What I think is that slide should replace roll, but have the same mechanics. I want roll replaced because think about it, roll isn't realistic. This might be a lot of work with the sprites but I think sliding is cooler and more realistic. Tell me what you think!

+1

How would you slide when you get up from, for example, a kick?

we could add slide :D

+1

i think that roll is actually PERFECT right now

I mean that slide looks cooler than kick lel

Before you mention how "horrible" this concept is, think about how focused we are while we should be open minded to creative and fun ideas such as this one. Sure, it may not be helpful at this current point in time but the creativity put into this post is just a mere idea. Showing constructive criticism helps the poster and the viewers to branch off and express creative ideas with possible meaning. Some may succeed while others may die off. Every forum post that attempts to make a valid, understandable, and reasonable claim should be given a chance — regardless of its outcome.

Thank you for the explanation

but it maybe could look good? i dont know anything anymore 

(now take my like but dont harm me please! D:)

+1

This is good. Better than rolling. Who knocks their enemy down by rolling over them?). It might be hard to implement. You need to take at least one step before doing a slide like that, and so it would be difficult to animate from going into a slide from a standstill. It might be even be hard to animate the transition if the player is running.

+1

It would be hard to get the player to slide forward from a standstill. Maybe the player does a large jump straight forward and ends up sliding?

Technically it would be hard to roll from a still position too

Animating difficulty aside, It would still better and more realistic if this is implemented

not really, it may be hard but sliding is quite phisically impossible since you have no momentum to turn into the slide motion. id like the slide tho, maybe we can choose between slide and roll animations in the settings

+2

Personally i would stay with roll. I can't imagagine how animation of slide can looks when you use it standing. But on the other side, this can be very good movement in football.

>bump

what about a tackle? it can be done from a standing position and its much more realistic than a roll or slide

I think rez could spend his time making better things than a slide

+1

I'm neutral on this one. This would be a BIG change to the game, and after all the time we've had the roll mechanic, it'd  really take a while to get used to it, and it would kinda be awkward to some players in my mind. I think this is a little late because if this idea was introduced way earlier, more people would favor it since the roll wouldn't have been around as long.

damn it i got rid of my only like

btw i dont think people got what i was talking about, i just wanted a different animation

Could you replace roll with slide Rez? What I think is that slide should replace roll, but have the same mechanics. I want roll replaced because think about it, roll isn't realistic. This might be a lot of work with the sprites but I think sliding is cooler and more realistic. Tell me what you think!

Well, if you think about it not much of the combat makes sense in this game.  everything about blocking,  the sword special,  kicking projectiles, dashing, jumping backwords animation, sheild bash timing,  the weapon throw damage, the weapon throw speed,  unlimited archer arrows, only being able to hold up the sheild for a short amount of time,  the kick timers, the way jumping makes you move faster then sprinting, and prob more,    Punching has more range then spear(please dont remove this it is a good mechanic for arena),

But for the roll if you think about it it is kind of like a tackle.  You jump forward and then roll out of the tackle position.  idk i kind of like the roll how it is

Punching have the same range as normal melee weapons as sword, axe or hammer.  

still though lol