+13
Under review

Question about the possibility of graphics engine

Egzekutor 7 years ago updated 7 years ago 8

I want to ask how you can customize the collision of objects in the game, because I would like to make a small shelf on which you can stand and shoot with the bow or wand. It can also be used to jump to the other side.

The question how do I design such shelf. Combine them with a palisade, or design a separate sprite that will be situated close to the palisades.

The problem may be with the collision when standing in the shelf, but this I just ask for it.

It is very easy example:

Image 829

And this i have in mind:

Image 830

I am little confused, but i think this can be very good idea.

I wait for your response Rez bcus i don't know this can be possible to implement.

Bump. This question is important for my work.

+1
Under review

Do it as separate sprites and I will figure it out later. I think palisade will have to be implemented same way as mountains.

1) You have inconsistent lighting on the palisade - some trunks are shaded from the left - the other have bright side on the right - fix it.

2) I would rather see a consistent flooring that goes by the palisade rather than single outposts like that.

+1

Ok i make shadows from one side. I wanted it to look at the carved wood, but I think it would be better to do one darker side.

Then I will do as you say. instead of individual shelves do long platforms and one sprite with stairs. and as for the graphic demonstration: it was done in five minutes just to roughly illustrate my idea. It is not even suitable for editing xD

I will try to design these platforms to have a good fit palisades. Also you can check my work updates in this post: http://wilds.userecho.com/topics/2302-new-wall-type-palisade/

If you found something wrong tell me about it and i fix that.

Ok i have ready few sprites. I want your opinion Rez what improve and what about colours. Also if you have some suggestions i want know them.

Światło na palisadzie jest teraz ok.

Popatrz jak ci schodzi mostek z lewej a jak z prawej - z prawej jest coś nie tak z perspektywą - przez co jest jakby wykrzywiony. Popracuj też trochę nad cieniowaniem tych bali podłogowych - bo kształt mają okrągły a cieniowanie jakby były deskami - więc musisz zdecydować czy to są deski czy pniaki :)

Spróbuj może pod kątem prostym narysować tę podłogę - to MÓJ błąd, bo widzę, że na tym mockupie niepotrzebnie zrobiłem deski pod ukosem w grze nie ma takiej podłogi w takim rzucie (nigdzie kafle nie są lekko przekrzywione).

Ok zrobie proste bale. Nawet lepiej bedzie je zaprojektować bo przy ukośnych jest wiecej roboty xD Efekt z mostkami był zamierzony przez to że cały podest był pod lekkim kątem i z lewej strony bale są lekko schowane. (Teraz widzę ze to słabo wygląda). Co do cieniowania nie bedzie to trudne do poprawy. Jest to wersja alpha dla tego wolę sie upewnić co jest nie tak :D

Zastanawiam sie jeszcze czy robić je tak aby pasowały tylko położone pod murem/palisadą czy zrobic tak aby mozna je było kłaść gdziekolwiek. Wtedy były by bardziej uniwersalne.

Very interesting egzekutor, It would be cool in the game. +1 positive feedback.

I agree. It's nice to see some people in the community who help the Dev'